Motorcycle braking systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabre484

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NXR 125
So this is a funny one.. I am involved in the equestrian scene, and as part of this we have a discipline where they use horse drawn carriages. These carriages are fitted with motorcycle braking systems.. Some only on the rear wheels, others on all four..It is a normal brake booster linked to calipers converted to have a pedal and not a lever.. Similar to our rear braking systems mind you

So as things go we found that three of the carriages where tampered with by kids.. They opened the brake booster/filler pots and filled them with sand. We believe this is the only place it has gone into as the brake lever wasn't depressed (As far as we know)

So how would you go about flushing the system to ensure there is no sand in.. I will take all the piping off first and check on the caliper side if there is any sand in the brakefluid.. What do I use to flush it all out? I guess it would be good to flush all part in any case just to be sure?

Any thoughts?