My EX made my day !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Let me sketch the scenario for you.

I have been divorced for about 5 and half years now. My 13 year old son lives with the ex in Fishoek.
My only transport is my bike.
The ex- being a medic on an ambulance in fishoek picks up broken bikers on a weekly basis and so for she has flatly refused that my son join me on the bike.
The Ex and me are on very good speaking terms and I have to commend her for how well she raises our boy. So I did not make a scene or argue the fact that he is not allowed on the bike.
This has meant that for the past few years visits have basically been restricted to me visiting in their home in Fishoek and any outdoor activities happened as far as the two of us could walk from home.

Now the Bombshell !!! :

This morning while he left the room the ex told me that he is grown up enough to be allowed on the bike and if I manage to get him all the right ATGATT she will allow him to ride with me !

I mentioned the idea to him this afternoon and he was very excited about it.  ;D

This has opened a whole new world for us. It means that in future we will be able to roam farther and wider and even go on weekend trips .

I hope to save and scrimp and bargain hunt in order to have all the kit by early summer , so we can take our first ride together.  :ricky: :ricky: