My first ride report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneRunner

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Not high on the writing part, also not a major report but had to give it a go sooner or later... soooo here goes my very first ride report.
The South Cape dogs invited me for a Sunday ride and due to some business commitments I missed the departure time with a hour. Because it were such a nice day for a ride I followed taking a short cut to where I believed I would meet up with them.
Filled the tank in Mossel Bay, then head out over the Robertson Pass for the dirt road to the right before Oudtshoorn which should have taken me to the planned route for the day.

The Track log..

29Julie2012-Copy.jpg

The first stop... Robertson Pass top

Dienek.jpg

The view towards Mossel Bay

IMG-rigtingMB.jpg

The Second Stop.. Shortly after turning on the dirt and realizing how absolutely this turned out to be a perfect day alone between the mountains, no dust and nobody else to look out for.. Just me, my bike and the BIG silence.

Doodstil.jpg

This is where the urge to catch up with the guys faded and getting lost on my own for the day brought a excited feeling and peace.
so I continued in the general direction of DeRust where the pack would have lunch. Once riding a "tweespoor" track passing through a village I did not know existed, did two water crossings and really enjoying it so much that I forgot to stop and take pictures for a while.
A Pic with snow on the mountains...

Sneeu.jpg

Flowers.....

NogBlomme.jpg

This spot I stopped and had a beer just sitting on the bike and relax... At this point I called the guys to see where they were as it was now near lunch time

Blomme-Copy.jpg

Since the guys already had lunch some place else and plan to do the "Oudemiragie" road and my wallet soaked with bear from a earlier leak from a container... I decided to skip lunch and meet the pack on said road .

The George & Mid Brak Dogs...

SuidkaapHonde.jpg

My Buddies.. Frankie, Andre, Rene, Johan, Albert and the Stoutgat Jaco
This is also where the time devil caught up to me and I had to shoot home and back to work.
Thanks Guys for inviting me out for the day... maybe one of the days that will always stand out in memory.