my first solid wipe-out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ODAT

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
went on a magic ride this morning through some of the game farms where i live. everything was going great until we got into the wind in the mountain passes. i was opening up on what i thought was a straight and then the wind kept the dust of the riders in front of me hanging in the road. needless to say what i thought was a short straight was quite a sharp bend. i tried to adjust and burn out of it but all to no avail. high sided and did a, what can only be described as beautiful, air dance watching the ground disappear beneath me, bounced of a few rocks and then i went through a few bushes and stopped suspended over the rocks i had seen from the air.

i managed to come out with just a bruised fore arm and a thorn in my calf. thanks to the excellent jackets of BMW and a good helmet, boots and pants i am in one piece with a slightly bruised ego. the thing i learned and liked the most is now i know that my gear gives me a lot more protection then i would have ever thought, so this is a thanks to all the guys who helped me with advice on buying gear a few months back when i just came into the sport. :thumleft:  O0

the bike needs to visit the hospital next week though, not to happy about that :(