My two Tigers go for a ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divot

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
I decided to go on an unplanned trip with my wife and a fellow dog for a few days. We booked accommodation on Thursday morning for a destination point, it was in Calvinia. We have never been to that part of the world and wanted to do something different. I wanted to take the wife on a gravel road as she has never been on a bike on gravel. This was a huge step for her as she was never too keen to go on the bike with me. I have taken her on a few out rides on tar and she enjoyed it, so I made the decision to go gravel. This could have been a big mistake....
We went through Ceres and up to Tankwa, I have never been there and wow was I surprised at the venue, we had a beer and went to Stonehenge for a look see. Unknown to me or my wife it is the venue for Africa Burn and all this was on gravel. We  had a few beers and off to Calvina we went. The road was not as good as the road to Stonehenge and I thought this was going to be the time my wife said that is enough, to my surprise she loved it and now only wants to do gravel roads as tar is so boring.
Now she wants to go to the Cedarburg this weekend again. There goes my solo rides!!!