My Wife...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mzee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
When you propose to a lady and she finally becomes you life partner, you simply cannot tell at that time what she will turn out to be.  It is said in popular wisdom that even two loving folks having celebrated their diamond jubilee together cannot claim they know each other.  I thought I understood bikes until...

Yesterday I had a life changing experience when I test road the XT Super Tenere 1200.  I spent about one hour on it on the highway and in the traffic on Beyers Naude -- which is where I will use it most.  This was sufficient to persuade me to propose that this bike will be my next lady.  

On the handling: It felt like it was made for me. It felt light in-spite of it its weight.  I could throw it around without feeling its 261 kgs. Incredible balance.  The seat nothing better I have ever sat on.  Standing all was in alignment and comfortable.  The foot pegs -- brilliantly wide and the rubber insert is ingenious.  Ergonomically tasteful to the eye.  In addition, I could not help noticing the eye peering at me behind wheels.  The breaking completely endeared me.  I must say I limited my ride on tarred road, it was noticeable that a fistful of pull on the front lever gave me assurances that rear brake was working, but importantly that it stopped when I desired so.  The dashboard well different from the V-strom. Digital is the way to go, but at a glance I could read the gauges.  I am not a speed maniac but the power in that engine left me gaping.  I toggled between the sports mode and the touring mode.  The thrill when I pulled away like a bullet was like an or... The handle bars are wide.  Gives you a feeling of powerful strong person.  The suspension compares to nothing I have ridden on before.  I could go over speed bumps and feel the sturdiness of them suspension.  Traction -- did not test that aspect but the bike was firmly planted on the road. I did 170 on the highway effortlessly.  The sound -- anything throaty is just to my liking.  Not too loud but also not too silent.  Beautiful rich growling sound.  Is there such as a thing like a perfect lady, surely not.

Things I did not like, yes of course, the seemingly many cables across the gauges. 

I have written as a lay man.  But importantly I have a lady now. ;) :D ;D :imaposer: