Namibia Drone Laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF 300L
I only read Noneking's ride report from the 2019 Namibia trip yesterday. Ridiculous ride report is 4 years old, wasted half of my working day yesterday reading through 50 pages, and forced me to finish my day early to go to Outdoor Warehouse and buy T4A's Namibia Guide. I also suspect it will be occupying another couple of hours on Saturday, so I can have a proper look at all the photos again, meaning I won't be able to get everything done I was planning to do. Absolutely terrible.

Okay, fine... Great report, great photos. Have not even decided on a new bike yet, but my route planning has already started.

Onto my question. Some sites say that flying drones in Namibia are fine, other sites state that one has to get approval from some authority for every planned drone flight as well as pay a fee to do it. Do the rules only apply to 250g(+) drones? Are these new rules? ItchyBoots also had some great drone footage on her trip. What are the actual/official rules in Namibia now?