Namibia information, caution, enjoy whatever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wimpie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi all
I notice that everybody is coming to Namibia this year. You could not have chosen a better year since most of the country had way above average rainfall. You might be disappointed that you do not get nice desert photos because of all the grass next to the road. If it is your first time then you will have to visit again to see the country dry as a bone.
If you go off the main tar and “C” dirt roads you might still get some rivers flowing this time of the year. Please take care when approaching the rivers and look out for wash-outs  :eek:. All the roads have not been fixed but they are working on it.
Now, do not ask me stuff about accommodation and camping spots, I do not know them all. I am not a Namibian but I enjoy this country like you do when you visit. I am also leaving on a trip next week going to RSA and back again to Swakopmund early May so I might see you guys on the road.
Stay on the tracks please  :thumleft:. Bike spore lyk baie k@k waar dit nie hoort nie.
ENJOY NAMIBIA!!