Namibia - Kaokoland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malmoer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Morning all,

I am planning a trip through the northern parts of Namibia. I have read up on all the honourable reports for information, made contact with lodges and is gathering info in my off time (During work time :spitcoffee: when I should be working!! 8) 8))

I will be using the platform to acquire as much new info on the routes as possible. I was thinking of doing the same on the 4x4 community forum but me being a bigger adventure motorcycle rider than a 4x4 adventurer, wilddogs won

I will take it step by step, so please feel free to chip in with information, suggestions negative and positive. I am here to learn through other peoples experience if they feel like sharing.
Also I am a boertjie so I buy just so much English airtime to last me a month. If it is depleted then be patient I will buy again next month!! :imaposer: :imaposer:

Dates still undetermined, but looking at the beginning of June 2021
Duration about 14 days
Riders: 2 riders that is quite capable in rocks, sand and generally comfortable in the more challenging terrain than the avg Joe
Bikes, 1 x F800gs & 1 x f800gs Adv
Will trailer the bikes from Langebaan to Windhoek (This seems the most preferred way - time is also against us - Also we will go hunting for a few days after the ride)
Day 1
Windhoek - Spitzkoppe
No issues

Day 2
Spitzkoppe to Palmwag
No issues

Day 3
Palwag to Omungunda
No issues

Day 4
Omungunda to Kunene river lodge
Fuel?
Shops for meat and general supplies
Also from here the going definitely gets harder day by day

Day 5
Kunene river lodge to Epupa falls lodge (Along the river)
Fuel?
Shops for meat ect

Day 6
Epupa falls to VZP
We will carry enough fuel until we hit Sesfontein (Any ideas for fuel incase)
Can one purchase meat from the locals? We will carry enough rations.

Day 7
VZP to Marble camp
Food any shops available?

Day 8
Marble camp to Purros
Fuel might be available (if we can we will fill up)
Food no issues -lodge

Day 9
Purros rest day

Day 10
Purros to Khowarib lodge
Fuel Sesfontein

Day 11
Khowarib to twyfelfontein lodge
No issues

Day 12
Twyfelfontein to White lady Brandberg
No Issues