Need advice on a dead 990 (Possibly sidestand switch)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-twin

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Goodday fellow dogs,

My 2009 990adv started giving problems after I gave her a Proper wash with the pressure washer while tanks and plastics was stripped off. I started noticing that while riding, the dash/speedo electronics completely shuts down as if I switched the ignition off. It then suddenly lights up again as if the ignition is switched on, all lights flashes and the rev counter goes up and down exactly the same way as when you would start the bike. It did this several times while riding but luckily it didn't kill the engine otherwise I would have seen my gat.

On another occasion I rode to the fuel station and then she started with her shite. She didn't want to start. I turned the ignition and everything went normal with the lights flashing and the rev counter going up and down. When I pressed the start button, she just went click and everything on the dash/speedo died. After a while I realized that when I fiddled with the kick stand the lights came back on and miraculously I got it to start and drove it home. That was the last time she started. Yesterday I wanted to start her up again for the first time in 2020 after standing for about a month and the same happened. Lights on, press start and click and she dead. I went through all fuses and put the battery on charge and all is good. Tried it again this morning and still nothing.

Can it be the side stand switch? Please advise even if you think its not that. If it is the side stand switch, what should I do and what cost can I expect to replace it.

regards