New 990R: General Advice needed (upgrades, extras and do's & dont's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renrew

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
Hi guys,

In light of potentially getting a rather mint 990R in the next couple of days - What are some of the do's and dont's ito upgrades, mods and preventive stuff that I need to do. The bike will be almost brand new and want to make sure I kick off with a sorted/bling bike from the get go. Like what I did with my SE.

Ito Air Filter solution, would you guys recommend going with the Rottweiler system? Any experience with these? The bike has arrows on, is the mapping going to be a massive mission? Do I need a powercommander? Some insight would be great, I've read up quite a bit on ADVRIDER but there isn't much on here.

As for must-do's: I'll do the BDCW sidestand bracket, radiator guard, bashplate - any recommendations here ( obviously only want premium stuff)?

Also looking at importing the SAS stage 3 removal kit from Rottweiler. Anyone done this? This is cosmetic, no power savings, just neaten it up - Worth it??

Some bling would be the usual small orange caps, I want to get two-finger levers as well, although its more functional.

Mirrors wise - I'm very interested in the Rottweiler fold-away mirrors, they look amazing and solid!

In terms of lights - I want to stay away from spotlights, I'd like to just improve the current lights as much as possoble without having to F-around with massive mods etc c. I saw some H3 and H7 LED conversion lights on KTMTWINS,plug and play - Any thoughts?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

PS - Are the hard parts KTM tank protections still around? Those "stickers" that fit onto the tanks? Would you guys just do a textured clear sticker over a part of the side for protection? Want to stay away from a sticker kit.