New member old follower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbine Rub

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi, I have been following the site forever but never signed up till now.

Thanks for all the great work over the years - the site has helped me with many decisions about my trusty 08 KLR which has been ridden, dragged, pushed, pulled, dropped, fixed, modified, polished and farkled with one, two and sometimes three people and up to 2 weeks luggage aboard throughout sunny SA and a few neighbouring countries since almost new.
This bike has done 30 000 km of truly all purpose work - from commuting 150 km a day around the Cape at one stage to some of the finest tar twisties around,(Magoebas, Outeniqua, Bains, Rooi els, Chapmans, long Tom, R62...) to some awesome dirt touring from mud in the Swazi forests to the Namib and quite a few places in between. It has always done what was asked of it - and I have asked a lot! :eek:

Some time and cash have been spent fettling and farkling, all the standard stuff and then the Schnitz 685 kit which i took to Jurgen from Le Cap to fit 2 years and 14 000 km ago. He also did some front and back suspension work for me and since then it thinks it is an enduro tourer trials superbike?  :ricky: About to put a Vapor and some Mitas 09 Dakar rubber on.. might lose a bit of its superbike cred? :laughing4:

Thanks for a great resource!