NEW SIDECAR MOVIE - Ode to my BMW 1150 GSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigged4Life

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Sad day yesterday... I sold my BMW 1150 GSA sidecar rig, 'Rafiki'

For a long time now I have been seriously toying with the idea of fitting my new offroad/dualsport sidecar onto the BMW 1200 GS Adventure and eventually I've decided to do it! The most popular dualsport touring bike in the world, wherever we travelled I'm continually asked if one can fit one of these sidecars to this bike and now... in a few weeks the answer is YES.

Newer, a bit more power, a bit stronger suspension but other than this I cannot really see this bike being vastly superior to the BMW 1150 GSA, but I'm really looking forward to testing it out. Over 10 000km of rough dirt road riding fully loaded with camping equipment, Sylvia, Tau and myself, Rafiki handled everything I put him through and not one problem....he certainly will be a hard act to follow.

The movie below is short collection of video clips and photo we have gathered of our adventures together over the past year... I'm sure Rafiki will give his new owner ('Bob Vark' on Wild Dogs) as much joy and pleasure as he gave us.

Sidecar Offroad Adventures with Smiling in the Wind SA