Newbie rides Eastern Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baffler LC

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
When I joined the forum I was welcomed by a number of the Eastern Cape dogs and was very grateful for that.  One comment was, "great another one, maybe we can have some more organised rides now."
I just seen the newbie rides being arranged in the PTA area.......but haven't seen anything in the EC  :-[
I have had 3 easy gravel road rides so far, bought a patch of the 7 passes road, got lost, discovered that you can use the front brake on gravel and you should turn ABS off. Oh yes, and quickly learnt that the right tyres are critical.
Are there any other newbies out there in the EC who would like to go on some easy gravel road rides shepherded and shown the ropes by some Old Dawgs and are there any Old Dawgs out there willing to take us out.  I have done the beginners off road course but believe that experience is the best teacher and those with the experience are the best to teach.
Great way of learning to ride off road and getting to know each other and build kms of happiness and new friends to ride with.
If there is enough of a response perhaps we can start a new thread and plan something.......would be nice.... ;D