Not a fan of big tourers , But...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildWood

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I'm one of a band of wingers that push the singles as the 'only true adventure bikes' but then on occasion I ride one the big twins and it's easy to see the appeal.

WildWood went on a day trip to Cape Agulhas with a guest from Austria via some of the Cape's best biking roads ,like Clarence Drive on Saturday. Perfect winters day, quiet roads and a 150hp KTM1190 Adventure ( KTM Cape Town rental) . Pretty hard to beat cruising at .....km/h ( to high to mention in a public forum) on a bike this well balanced and downright scary powerful. I can't believe the ease at which this beast eats up the kilometers , corners like a supabike and then handled some snotty dirt roads on the ride home (brisk riding to get back in time for the rugby) .

Thankfully the weather was even more peachy today and we had a great Cape Peninsula trip on the 1190. My wife is now also a convert and it 's going to take a huge amount of convincing to get her back on the 690. Will I trade my single for the 1190? I'm not sure of that but if the finances improve I can see a place for a second bike and the KTM1190 Adventure will be hard to beat.

Attachments

• DSC01173.jpeg
    DSC01173.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 436
  • Red Hill, Simonstown, Western Cape. Sunday 26 July 2015.jpeg
    Red Hill, Simonstown, Western Cape. Sunday 26 July 2015.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 433