Oil around Oil pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedster

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
So I noticed some oil under the oil pan of my '81 Honda CB 750K, and also on both sides, more or less around the area of the oil pan gasket.

The bike has not driven often enough, but there was never such oil.

I serviced the bike myself some time ago, and while I made 100% sure the oil level is correct, it now seems there is perhaps a little too much oil in.

My strategy was to wipe everything clean, drove around the block, and then observe again if there is any excessive oil showing anywhere.
That's what I've done, and so far so good. No leak around the gasket area, so then surely its not the gasket? Also def not the drain plug.
Cant really see where any oil could have come from before, to get all over the underside.

On the left lower side, sits the oil pump cover, and I do see a lot of oil when looking into that area, behind that cover, where possible.

Any advise on what could be causing this? Should this be a huge concern?

Could this be just as a result of maybe a little too much oil in the sump / pan?  If so, how do one remove a little oil, the correct way?...lol..

Thanx in advance.