Ok here I go.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old No 7

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R850GS
Ok, so I've been lurking for a few weeks.

The forum is not unknown to me, and  some may recognise the bike in my avatar.
Ibela or as many of you will fondly remember as Malgat was a very close and dear friend of many many years.
Malgat took up riding around the same time I took up flying gyros.  The avatar was taken on the day we branded our steeds together.

Despite various attempts by Iep to get me to test my endurance of a "roadie"  with him on his Africa Twin Legend and me on my old (2001) 650gs "scooter" I remained resolute but we still managed to fit in those occasional weekend breaks to Groot Marico. Him by bike and me by air.

I have recently "upgraded" to a F800gs and in honour of a true friend whose outlook on life was always so refreshing and  humbling to me, I wanted to pick up on a part of his life that I sadly did not embrace  and share at the time. It is for this reason that I signed up onto WD's.

In the short time that I have been lurking on the forum, it has become quite apparent that Iep positively touched the lives of many Dogs  ;D ;)and this post is dedicated to his honour.

I have already learned a tremendous amount out of this forum. Been astonished at the level of intellect in some of the posts and in a short space of time seen similar cameraderie, friendship and support which Malgat and I shared over all those years.

Although flying is and will always be my first passion, I have now begun to understand what Iep was trying to introduce me to.  Living life to its fullest and always providing someone else with something to smile about.

Attachments

• Iep - Jack.jpg
    Iep - Jack.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 151