Old school biker, or new school biker, which one are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
So tell us, which era are you from?
Some of us 'ou tops' have been riding bikes our whole lives,started riding on 50cc death traps, grew up with the advent of disc brakes, double discs and fuel injection, where there was no readily available info on bikes, you learnt the hard way, trial and error, nobody to ask 'doff questions', where you stopped and helped a fellow biker no matter what, when bikers were the 'scum of the earth' no matter what bike you rode, leather lummies, jeans and ill-fitting helmets there was none of this kark that you stopped riding a bike because you got married and had kids, I can go on, please share your thoughts if you fall into this category.

Then there's the 'new school biker', spoilt rotten with high powered 125cc's, all the bells and whistles, a huge internet info-pool where all your questions are answered, no matter how 'doff' they might sound, where you have to be reasonably well off to ride a bike, it is no longer the 'poor man's transport'. You can arrive at most places and are readily accepted, wearing riding kit worth more than Zimbabwe's GDP, things like kevlar and cordura, Carbon Fibre helmets, bikes that can get you locked up for exceeding the national speed limit, in 1st gear....

My my, how biking has evolved.....