OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
ot sure how to head the post , but in essence I want to ask , are you fully educated ( riding motorcycles) or do you still read and listen , watch information regarding safety , around the riding gear , and bikes .
Just watched some video posted by Brett Tkaks . latest is on helmet fitment and safety , most of what he posted about was old knowledge in my case , 40 years in the industry gets one to know a bit . I have always advocated that a new helmet must fit tight , always compare it to new leather shoes , they bite a bit until worn in . One thing that he mentioned was that with time the padding sags , and this might feel very comfortable , but in a couple of year the helmet is still in very good condition , no accidents , but the sagged lining can have it a size to big . now there are options , buy new lining or if not available then one can try to add thin pieces of high density foam to tightened up the helmet .
A loose fitting helmet is not safe to wear , you are better off if you buy a new one . find his video , they worth watching , He has one where they custom fit a helmet for him A service offered by SHOEI , in the states , and then one on helmet replacement .
Ps the suggestion of adding sponge is mine , after looking at the video on custom fitment , the lining is there for comfort , the " poly lining take up the impact , shell is there to keep it all in place .

Reactions: Ri