One loner on a Soul'o trip to KMMC to meet fellow Dogs and friends for Worship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicobie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
And so the day eventually arrived for my adventure to a far away place.

I planned this trip well in advance and decided to do it on my own to get time alone with my ABBA.

Some time ago I downloaded the route from this forum - Parys to De Aar (Paris to Dakar) and decided that this was going to be my first part of travel.
So my trip actually started at Parys.
I left the Wednesday 27th from home, but PietB, my friend, was so jealous that he joined me to Parys for a breakfast and see me off.
We kuiered so lekker that I only started my day's trip at 12 o' clock from Parys.

I wanted to get to Christiana for the first night - only 370km's, so not an issue, but with gravel roads you can never be too conservative.

The route basically starts as Berakah eco 4X4 and follow gravel roads to Bothaville, Bloemhof, Christiana, Warrenton, Orania, mostly along the Vaal River.

Here I am all packed and ready to start my 6day adventure.

The start of the trip, passing Venterskroon, and then also crossing the Vaal river at Schoemansdrfit.

Crossing the Vaal into Cheeta country

And further gravel travel.

Bloemhof dam

First night accommodation - Meldine B&B in Christiana.

I travelled 517km's from home to here. (I am 150km's from Parys) Arrived just before dark and had supper at Lilly's Pub & Grill. Only R65 for 300gr steak & egg with chips.