One-night-stand to Kestell/Clarens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Gosh - it has been quite a while since my last ride report.

Total distance:  +-808km

Riders:  
Chris (Mother) with pillion Leonie (Skatie) on a BMW 1200GSA
Shaun (Domino) on a KTM 950R
Johan (Hoofseun) on his new KTM 990R
Zanda (Puddles) on a BMW F800GS

Meeting us there:  Derek on his ’79 RT, Tops, Thelma & a friendly couple

It all started at the last BMW Club evening when Johan recalled some great memories of the first time he met Chris & co waaaaaay back when and said we had to go do another one-night-stand again.  It had literally been years since our last one together.  So I promised to get the ball rolling first thing Monday morning when I was back at work.  

Decision was made to go to Chris & Leonie’s farm in Kestell – Freestate on the Saturday & then to Clarens on Sunday morning for brekkie before heading home.  Meeting place BP De Villa Bois, Moreleta Park.  Chris was pushing for 6:30 to leave by 7:00 … me being a pissy  ::) for the cold “begged” for us to leave later … I eventually managed to twist his arm to leave 7:30 for 8:00 … yipeee  :biggrin:.  

A few days before we were to leave Chris had to go up to Bots and landed up with a huge thorn in his GSA front tyre.  So plans were re-arranged to leave from BMW Centurion so that he could get it replaced but then we discovered Sat 16th is a public holiday (Youth day) and they were closed.  Emails discussed the possibility to meet at BP Centurion if BMW were closed but in the end we reverted back to our original plan and he would do the trip with the plugged tyre.  Shaun somehow missed this part and landed up waiting for us at BP Centurion … after a phone call he soon joined us and off we went along old Delmas Road.  Tar back roads all the way to Villiers where we had brunch @ Wimpy and then the real fun started … dirt almost all the way to Kestell.

Ok, that's enough bla bla bla from me ... the pics tell the story … enjoy !!!

Our first stop.  
I always giggle at Chris – he is a creature of habit. This is not always a bad thing as all the places we stopped at were spectacular & enjoyable !!!
P1020621.jpg

We were a well-balanced group: 2x BMW & 2x KTM - The KTM boys loving their bikes !!!
P1020627.jpg

Then the games began … First playing with shadows (some I could not publish as this is a family forum – ha ha) & then who could make the biggest splash …
P1020640.jpg

P1020644.jpg

Our next stop was Vrede for some supper supplies & a “fingers-crossed Lotto ticket group purchase”.  Hey Shaun … So did we win the big prize?  Shaun?  Shaun?  Shaun? … where are you Shaun??? Agghhh he must have disappeared with our Lotto winnings !!!

We came across these very old skedonks in a shop.  Unfortunately the reflection was so bad that I could only get close-up pics and not the whole car.
P1020648.jpg

P1020650.jpg

P1020651.jpg

P1020652.jpg

And off we went – heading in Kestell’s direction …