Orphaned Children Charity Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clockwork Orange

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I have this idea for a ride that I would really like to do and if any or all of the otherWild Dogs feel that it is a ride that they would like to support it would make all the difference.

My idea is to identify one of the lesser known orphanages that do not get the exposure and financial backing compared to the likes of Red Cross Childrens Home etc. I woulod then set up a meeting with the staff of the organization to present my idea.

What I would like to do is determine what their more pressing requirements are whether it be arts and crafts supplies , clothes, blankets, toys or maybe even medical supplies. I would then like to rally tgether as many of the Wild Dogs and their family to organise a ride, similar to the Toy Run except that we get to deliver the goods to the end users. Similar to what the Guateng Dogs did a while ago....you know....when Red rolled the Landy....Sorry Red.

But more than just deliver the toy supplies etc, we make a day of spending time with the kids and entertaining them for a couple of hours. we can arrange for the better photographers among us to take individual photo's of the kids sitting on the bikes and maybe (with permission from the orphanage staff) take kids for rides on the bike in a very safe manner of course.

I am even thinking of taking my kids along for the day to interact with the other kids. I think even at their young age this will offer a good perspective on how fortunate we all are compared to others and it affords the other kids to meet new faces.

All this is just an idea at the moment and before I approach the organization I wanted to get feedback from you lot with, firstly, would you be keen to support an event like this and secondly if you have any other suggestions that could make the day even better.

If we have sufficient support from the Wild Dogs I would like to approach the likes of Pick n pay and Shoprite etc for possible sponsorhip towars the orphanage. I have a good contact at KFM and maybe they would in some way like to get involved too.

Looking forward to your feedback.