Our Sunday Ride through the Swartland (7th April 2013)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
With reference to this "Planned Ride" - https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=121164.0 here is just a short note form my side to say thanks to all the guys that joined in to make this a really Gr8 & enjoyable ride. Was really nice to meet new fellow WD's as well.

We all met bright & early @ the Winelands One Stop & headed out to travel as much Gravel as possible. See the attached "GPS Route & Trip Log". Total distance was about 440km & took us just on 11hrs.

Left the Winelands Onestop, headed past Joostenbeg Winery, past Groenfontein towards Leeuwendans, on towards die Windmeul, past Sandrivier & ended up @ the "DuVlei Padstal" where we all stopped for some Coffee & Rusks.

From there we moved in the direction of Gouda via more gravel travel & then did the looooooong tar section towards Porterville, where we hit a right on the gravel road past Dasklip Pass which took us just towards Eendekuil. From there we headed up the Piekenierskloof Pass where we went a little just past Kardoesie to "De TOl Farm Stall" for what we thought would be a late breakfast/brunch. Eish.....maar daardie mense het al die tyd in die wereld. We ended up having a fairly lengthly wait.....but finally got our food. :lol8: :lol8:

From there we headed back down the pass towards Eendekuil where we took the next gravel loop past the Kruismans river coming out @ the R365, then headed in the direction of Kapteinskloof Pass. Once we reached the R399, we turned right @ took one of the gravel loops I've been wanting to do for a long time that Andy told me about quite a while ago. Bit sandy......but truly IMHO....a frikking awesome road/loop. BTW.... I loved that little cement bridge we stopped on for a little break.

@ this point I was running on fumes........I wonder just why that was...... ::) ::) ::) :lol8: .... so Itook things a lot more slower till we reached Moreesburg where we all fuelled up our faithful steeds. From there we headed in the direction of Darling were we once again made a quick stop for something cold to drink, before heading in the direction of home again. Once we reached the West Cost Road, we all said our "thanks & cheers" & parted ways.

From my side.....thanks a lot for all you guys that made the ride a really Gr8 one :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: I'm just busy getting the photos off the camera & gonna resize them & will start posting soon. Gooi daardie pictchas.... ;D

Attachments

• Proposed Bike Ride for Saturday (07 April 2013).gdb
    177.3 KB · Views: 49