Packing for a trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Early days , but I am trying to come up with a plan /idea . I am sure I am not alone in this situation as most of us over pack when going on a trip . need this need that and a extra T shirt just in case . I am aware and do make use of the rule
Clothes can be washed . On most of the trips I go on I end up doing a bit of washing. Jocks & socks , t shirt .
Back to my question , Clothing takes up space in the top box , need to fit a pair of takkies in there as well , this got me thinking if a Vacuum bag would not work ? I have had a look at Westpack , and they have some small ones that would take a jean pant and maybe 2 Tshirts , remove the air and it could take up half the space . Has anybody tried this? My reason for finding a answer is that I share the box with my partner and she can pack :imaposer:.
I have panniers as well but like to travel light and if we can only take the top box then its a win. If  I am to pioneer the idea I will report back
The bags are priced around  R35.00 , not sure if it s a 2 pack or not ,but will go see this weekend .