Parradise Rally - Look who I found!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Des

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Went to the Paradise Rally in Sabie this past weekend, just to get the hell out of Joburg and to stretch the Katooms legs a bit - poor thing has to putter up and down Witkoppen every day- so good dose of Bushveld air, a change of scenery and to gather a few good laughs at the rally was on the weekends agenda.

Had a magic ride, from Cullinan to Marble Hall on gravel, just asking locals the way, interesting and I ended up futher north than I more or less planned, interesting to have a look at the map and see where I had just come from, GPS takes away all the fun, besides, I'd be so busy trying to fathom a GPS out I'd probably end up in a heap on the side of the road.... From Marble Hall to Groblersdal throught the citrus orchards and the grape vine of "Schoemans Boerdery", this is Mega Farming, but I suppose it was set up by the previous Minister of Agriculture, Hendrik Schoeman, at least he made it count, unlike our current crop of Agricultural Ministers.

Lunch at Wimpy Groblersdal, good old fashioned Mixed Grill - lekker!

Back on the road to the Rally, took the road to Stofberg, Roosenekal and on to Lydenberg, over Long Tom and into Sabie. Just a great day riding, Katoom purred all day, I think we both like the bushveld and a warm winters day to play! Long overdue.

Pitched my tent, parked the Katoom on the veranda, (cant have her getting wet), the tent has to have ground to peg into so yours truely felt the cold and the wet, but that's what the Paradise is all about, I recall a year when we were at Numbi Hotel in Hazeyview at the Paradise, and it snowed!

Minding my own business, next thing a LARGE hand gets extended my way, on the other end is MEGAPIX!

Had a beer and chewed the fat, met his Gorgeous Lady, who I was so busy "perving" at, forgot to ask her name, so rude!

Attachments

• P1070516 (800x600).jpg
    P1070516 (800x600).jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 772
  • P1070546 (800x600).jpg
    P1070546 (800x600).jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 774