Parys De Aar Adventure Rally - 2012 - dates confirmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalahariben

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Hi all!

As you might be aware, I orchestrate the Parys De Aar Adventure Rally each year, idea being to provide a completely off-beat opportunity for riders of any brand of motorcycle to explore the roads-less-travelled of the R of SA  :)

Concept is to hit the gravel just outside Parys, and to travel through Warrenton, Orania, De Aar etc., with a proper back-up team supporting the approx. 25 riders, and to make very sure that the appropriate attention is given to the social aspect of such an epic adventure  :pot:

In terms of dates, I usually capitalise on the long weekend in April. Next year is however quite a challenge with so many events already having been planned and pinned down on the calendar (e.g. the Green Kalahari event). But, after much deliberation, I have decided on a date  :)

I figured that the weekend of 12 - 16 July will work best: although it will be pretty damn cold, we'll be guaranteed of not having any rain. This will also then leave adequate timing for the guys that want to attend the ECO Challenge, BMW club year-end event etc. etc. etc.

So - please keep this date open of you're keen to partake.

Also - please send your details to [email protected] if you would like to receive the invitation etc.

Cheerio!