So many Iconic riders altogether! KTM Adventure Rally 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Blip It!

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi Guys! I'm here to tell you a bit about the event which is being held at Champagne Sports Resort in the Drakensbery from 30th August to 3rd September. Firstly it is the first KTM Adventure Rally in SA ever, last years event was called the KTM Festival and was held at battlefields Dundee but included off road bikes too. This event is for Adventure bikes only, no plastics!
Treffon Smith and myself (AKA Mark Taylor), from Adventure Riders SA have been appointed by KTM SA to put the event together and with the help of Rika De Bruyn whom you will know from LDBA and NDBA events are working hard to make this the most fantastic event of the year!
The registration price is R 7400.00 for single and R 4900.00 per person sharing, which includes accommodation and all meals and an event goody bag.The goody bag will have a T shirt and a few really  great KTM goodies that you will enjoy. There will be plenty of prizes and giveaways every day too.
The event is being held at Champagne Sport in the Drakensberg, now those of you that have been there will understand that this is a 5 star resort with fantastic modern rooms, spacious and comfortable with underfloor heating, flatscreen TV's and all the mod cons! The food is top class with really wide selection. If you stayed at this place on your own it would cost you a lot more for the 3 nights..........why? Well KTM has subsidized the rates to bring pricing down and value up for you riders!
The KTM Adventure Rider Rally is designed for KTM 640, 690, 950, 990, 1050, 1090, 1190 and 1290 Adventure riders.
KTM experts will be on hand each day to offer a technical overview of all KTM Adventure models in between jam-packed days of dual-sport riding, to ensure that every participant gets the best out of their bike and the routes. KTM legends Giovanni Sala, Joey Evans, Darryl Curtis, Ross Branch, and Alfie Cox will also be there!
KTM will also host free demo rides to all participants on the KTM range of adventure motorcycles including: 2017 1090 Adventure, 1090 Adventure R, 1290 Super Adventure S and 1290 Super Adventure R.
As for the routes........well I personally set these routes and I can assure you they are spectacular! There is a green pillion friendly scenic route, then a more technical Red route suited for any experienced rider on any of KTM's Adventure bike range, then there is a nice tough black route suited for the smaller Adventure bikes like the 640 and 690, or for really good riders on the bigger bikes that feel they up to the challenge.
If you have any questions or enquiries feel free to give me a call 0834544757.
You can register and pay online, book at https://www.zabikers.co.za/2017/06/29/ktm-announces-the-first-official-south-african-adventure-rider-rally/

This ride is going to be really special. There is limited space as there can only be 210 people accommodated and we have 120 people entered already.

Here are some pics from our recce ride we did a week ago...............

IMG_0360_zpssjqemmng.jpg

IMG_0352_zpsefwck2me.jpg

IMG_0298_zpslaiztpxw.jpg

IMG_0274_zpsc0njb3yf.jpg

IMG_0268_zpsvi7vsjrl.jpg

IMG_0240_zpszhxb8ck0.jpg

IMG_0220_zps8zkzrp6e.jpg

IMG_0202_zpsoveufxyc.jpg

IMG_0178_zpstxyvxzax.jpg

IMG_0164_zpsubdkgvwp.jpg

IMG_0102_zpsl8uiqnav.jpg

IMG_0058_zpsbzvazz6k.jpg