PierreR is mobile again!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pierrer

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi

After been taken of my bike in 2010 (https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=50366.0) my bike was written and as both my knees were buggered.  I made the decision that 2 wheel touring was something in my past and I complemented my Landrover Defender with a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon to continue feeding my adventurous spirit.  Needless to say this did not work.....I always looked at guys touring with their bikes with envy and the final nail in the coffin was during the past December where I met a few bikers whilst going down the road to "Die Hel" in the Swartberg.  I came back and started talking to my old riding buddy (GG) and expressed my concern about by knees, as I had numerous operations on them, a full ligament replacement on one and two years ago a full knee replacement, he recommended that I should look at knee braces......

Well that was it.  I took delivery of my new bike 2 Saterday's ago and are slowly getting back into the swing of things.  500km's on the clock and I'm absolutely loving it....again!  Will we be doing the crazy tours again - well only time will tell BUT we are already planning the first 3000km in 5 day trip....just need to get my backside "trained' again.

Hope to see you guys on the gravel some time.

Keep upright

Pierre