Planning a RIDE - North Eastern Cape and Southern Natal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred400

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
We are a group of guys (read civilised) from Cape Town planning a Bike ride covering in part the Southern & South Eastern borders of Lesotho - on the SA side of the border. We are incorporating numerous passes, those bucket list ones.  We are trailering the bikes to the Lady Gray area, looking for a place to overnight in the area - guesthouses or self catering or guest farm (and then hoping to leave the vehicles & trailers) at the same (or close-by) place for safe keeping for about 6 to 7 days.  We will then overnight again at the same place the last night before we take the slog back to CT. Looks like we will be about 5-7 guys.

I am also looking for WD references for guesthouses/guest farms/self catering places in the areas of:
Lady Gray (as mentioned before)
Rhodes
Matatiele
Himeville/Underberg
and Ugie!

Any suggestions for some interesting, budget (not the type I have to sell my house to stay overnight) places to sleep over - we promise we will not break anything or burn-out on any lawns!!!This is a laid back trip for us!!

Thanx a stack.