Planning a trip from Griekwastad to Greyton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABie

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I am planning a trip end December from Griekwastad to Greyton over six days. It will only be me and my wife each on their own bikes.  She has not been driving that long so has placed a limit on the distance that can be done each day, which might be a good idea. We want to do mostly gravel roads and I would like feedback on the route if there are any more interesting routes to rather take than the ones I currently have.
Day 1: Griekwastad to Prieska on the on R313 then Carnarvon on R386.
Day 2: Carnarvon to Fraserburg on R308 then Merweville via Oukloof Pass
Day 3: Merveville to Prince Albert. This is only 90km so it is either a rest day or if anyone has a suggestion for nice route please give it.
Day 4: Prince Albert – Swartberg pass – Matjiesrivier - Doringkloof – Kruisrivier Pass – Groenfontein – Calitzdorp then Ladismith
Day 5: Ladismith to Montagu via Anysberg nature reserve. I looked on some of the posts and forums and it seem that you can ride through the nature reserve.
Day 6: Montagu to Greyton via Robertson and Villiersdorp. Just selected all the gravel roads I could find here.

Attachments

• Fraserburg - Merveville.JPG
    Fraserburg - Merveville.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Prince Albert - Ladismith.JPG
    Prince Albert - Ladismith.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 73