Please help Christian from Lesotho Sky.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hey guys, please give advice...

Christian from Lesotho Sky asks:

Hi Michiel! I hope you had a good Christmas! I wanted to ask for your advice on a motorbike:
I am looking for a suitable motorbike to ride around Lesotho for:

1) scouting new Lesotho Sky Routes
2) exploring the country
3) have a bike, that can be used as media and/or lead bike....

I thought a 450 fourstroke engine would be best for this kind of purpose... It would be great to hear your thoughts on this.
Can you recommend a particular bike? It should be well priced and of course easy to maintain... Thanks for your opinion & help.

I wrote back:

Hi Chris, thanks! Best for you guys too. Let me think about this one for a little while. My first thought was a Honda CRF 230,
like the ones you've been using anyway. They are cheap to buy, tough as nails, easy and cheap to maintain, easy to ride as
specially if you're going to let crew/media use it too. A palooka on a 450 in the Mountains will get his neck broken and fuck
up the bike too.

The only problem with the CRF is that its legs are a bit short for longer distance riding if say you want to pop out to Sehlabathebe
or check out some tracks Katse side and be back in Maseru on the same day. The seat is also a bit narrow for road use.

Then there is also the lack in "fun factor". If you're going to buy a bike to use yourself you will likely want something a bit more
exiting than a CRF 230... Sensible and safe or fun but with risks?

Attachments

• 1309243086-CVP-LS.jpg
    1309243086-CVP-LS.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 285