Popping the Lesotho cherry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machanicmike

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Greetings All

"So what we doing for December holidays" Was the question from the Misses

So There i went looking at routes  booking accommodation and chatting to people about  routes and more routes and road conditions

The Route was  Clarens  Afriski  Ha Lejone  Underberg Winterton and back to Clarens

Bikes Would be the trusty Honda tornado 250  and My 2011 KTM 690 enduro R .Same as what we used earlier in the year

SO  26 Dec  was D day  bikes loaded and with a slight head cold we headed to Clarens
The weather had been planning up in the lead up to our trip . I had been speaking to a contact at Afriski about weather and road conditions and there was some uncertainty if the route was ridable due to rain 

So Day of 27 Dec had arrived  and we set off in a bit of a misty day    Off to Forriesberg and then CaladonsPoort and then off to Afriski
Yes We could have gone via Motsnana Pass  I was looking for an easy ride for the Misses as it was here first time on a bike in Lesotho

So off we went stopping for Pics Here and there    that MoTeng Pass is amazing when there is no Snow or Ice on it . But the Altitude was starting to take a toll on the honda    Its Not happy at that height but it made it to Afriski .
Pics , a walk around and sorting out a sim card was what we did for the rest of the day  And That Head cold started to cause isues ....
A Chat with our contact at afriski  assured us that the route we had chosen was Ridable The mention of 3 river crossings  Got the Misses attention
( newbie this type of stuff  :eek: )

28 Dec 

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 416