Really enjoying my bike now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man On Fire!

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
So I am growing more and more confident with the GS. She is not so nice and shiny anymore, but is showing some character!  :thumleft:

Went up breedtsnek again this weekend. this time more confident standing which seemed to give me much more control. the foot pegs are a bit small as i have taken off the rubbers. so my feet got sore. stood for about 100kms. the roads were loose sand and stone for about 100kms plus. we did a total of 230kms for the day from fourways and back.

went with NKraak49 [bmw f800gs orange] and Xchallenge [ ktm 990]
the road up the pass seemed to be much worst than before and getting worst. bigger rutts dongas!
the standard suspension is great and handled the corrugations and soft sand well. and it also handled the dongas and boulders going up breeedtsnek pass.
i am not very experienced with motorcycles but have with MTB. so i know which line to pick. but the bike made me feel more competent and experienced.
the standard anakees are also not that bad on dry loose sand but i am sure when i put on some 50/50 tyres it will be better.

also i recommend the BMW Ralley kit: on both occassions got back very dusty. removed all padding and gooied it in the washing machine. looks like new.
some pics below

Attachments

• IMG_2741.jpg
    IMG_2741.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2740.jpg
    IMG_2740.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 263