Red Adventure does it again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Red Adventure

Yesterday, Solicitor and I were on our way to ride to the Cederberg and back.  :ricky: Passing through Ceres I was over come by a bit of over enthusiasm and under ability which caused me to fall hard. ::) :xxbah: The bike dropped onto my left leg and smashed the tibia just above the ankle. :mad: This all happened in front of Andyman (of the Cape Town BMW club) his wife Anne as well as Solicitor (note to self: stop falling in front of friends-"it pi$$#s them off") :imaposer:
Well there couldn't have been more helpful people to be around at that moment. Andyman shot off to fetch some paramedics as he knows where they all are based and Solicitor helped to get my bike as well as my kit out of the road. :thumleft:
My pleading with the medic to just wrap my ankle so I could put my boot back on and ride the bike back to Durbanville Mediclinic was in vain. :-\ So Strawberrymilkshake was called to the rescue and she brought Jan (of my last Middlepos trip) with to ride the bike back. :'(
I got to Durbanville Mediclinic at about 10:00am and x-rays were taken to confirm that the break was not just a little one that could be set with a cast but that I needed to be admitted for observation till today. :'

My wife booking me in "again" :dousing:
Bookingin.jpg

Me looking sorry for myself ::)
Me.jpg

My leg as the medics, Solicitor and I wrapped it for the drive back.
medics.jpg

The X-Rays
Tibia.jpg

My leg now wrapped again for the swelling to go down
Wrapped.jpg

The bruising that came up over night
brusing.jpg

(I now have to kick back with my leg up for the swelling to come down and then about Monday next week they will fit a steel plate to re-strengthen the bone. ???
Looks like six to seven weeks of no ridding for me. :'( :3some: :xxbah:

As I'm writing this. :lamer:
Bedrest.jpg