Remedy for a midlife crisis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sny

Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Good day Everybody

A short introduction to my midlife crisis.

The first bike I ever rode was an Italjet 50cc (friends bike). I was 6 years old.
The second one was an RM80 (same friends bike). 10 y/o
From then on I would ride every opportunity I could get. Including racing my uncle's Honda C90 around the farm house. This created some spectacular crashes amongst the four boy racers. Luckily no serious injuries.

As I was not allowed by my parents to own a motorcycle of my own, I had to wait until my twenties before I bought my first. Honda XR200R. We would thrash the bikes on the mountains on fire roads in the southern suburbs of Cape Town. Great fun.
My bike was stolen after just one year of ownership & I never saw it again. I was heart broken. :'(

It has been nearly 20 years & I am now in the position to buy a bike again. Hence my family labeling this move as a midlife crisis. Buying a bike when you are well into your 40's?

As of Thursday last week I am the proud owner of a BMW 800gsa.

For the last 5 years I've been a pirate viewer on the WD forum but will now, hopefully, be able to add recollections of my own adventures to this website.

First thing is to sort out my avatar. :ricky:

Looking forward to meeting like-minded Dawgs.