Rever: Software for motorcycle riders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I recently started using Rever (www.rever.co) as a way to track and share my rides. Started simple with uploading GPX tracks then adding the details but as I started to use the program more, I found a lot more useful features including using the website to plan my routes then be able to send to my GPS as well track my progress against it using the app. Had a small technical issue so logged call and got almost immediate, personal support. So nice not to talk to a machine or auto response or being referred to FAQ or user boards all the time. The more I played with the web tool and the app the more I liked its simplicity and the fact that its written by bikers for bikers makes its so much more useful. I noticed the people that work there also belong to some international forums and were commenting on suggestions from riders and also answering questions about the product. I reached out to them and suggested they look at the South African biking community and see if there is a way to build in some features (suggested) and useful to us as well ways that will make it a better application. This is Africa and we have to find solutions to all kinds of issues and if we can find an app that makes it easier and better yet they are willing to listen and take suggestions then its worth a poke.

I use the software and for my needs it works well. So what does it already do
- 3000  areas around world with tracks, routes, roads from maps and other riders
- tracks your rides even when you lose signal
- create track in website send to GPS or navigate / track in the app itself on your phone
- offline maps turn by turn navigation
- social side for sharing routes rides pics video etc if you want

If we can make suggestions and chat to the company directly and they are will to listen and possibly put together a special price package for WD members for their pro version (their is a free version and a pro version and price for pro version is not complicated or multi level BS. At the moment its free or paid; $0 or $4 per month and list of all the features of free vs pro is here https://www.rever.co/premium

I asked them to join WD and make themselves available for comment, suggestions and feedback. I know the early versions had some issues but its a polished tool now and I think a lot of that is from listening to what bikers need and want. "BjornFromREVER" is the member name from Rever so please feel free to contact him. I use the pro version and paid for it myself. the free version may be enough for your needs but lets see if we can help make mobile app for bikers globally based on what we have learned to like and hate in tools we use

Screenshot of my last ride (https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=248481.0) in Central Java, Indonesia on Rever from website. A lot of other features so best way is to ask what you want in an app and let Bjorn answer if its already in or planned at some point or what it cant be done

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 126