RIDING PANTS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
As a rule the choice for jackets is big , you can realy pick and choose , but when it comes to pants , the picking are slim at best . We have the X Kulcha range , some Alpine star , and others , But  in most cases  Adventure pants seems to look like cargo pants with big side pockets .
I am not keen on side pockets , desided on some balistic jeans ( 2 pairs) and they work well , like riding in them , also bought a pair of Spirrit adventure pants , and a Revit (madein Pakistan) pair of pants . both these have liners in them , the spirit ones even has a waterproof liner , this does not work . Tested the revvit ones this morning on my comute , had the winter lining in , but could still feel the cold , Wearing thermal like long johns seem to be the answer , but like a previos post on jackets is that at some stage in your ride its going to warm up ,and then all the extra kit can become a problem to store .
I also have a nice pair skiing pants , have not tested them , but they have no arour in them , so a fall could be hazardous .
What is the consensus , best option with regard to nice safe pants to  wear ?