RIPPED OFF BEWARE;

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DR BIG 750

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S Big
This story started a few weeks ago, a mate of mine decides to sell her GS 650 she wants a superbike, so dumps the beemer & attacks the used market with vigour, subsequently the see a deal of note,  a GSXR 600 I think 06 very good condition, so off they go to check it out, 1st problem at night ,dimly lit place, enthusiasm takes over strike a deal there & then part with a hard earned 35k. & ride it home , all does not feel well, the next day in the light have a proper look not so good so they go to FT (friend of theirs) the macy checks it out remembers the bike from a week or 2 back it came in for new tyres, but this one has old scrap on with a few plugs sticking out, 1st clue, so they go through the bike, a few more things show there ugly head; bent sub frame, motor in poor state of repair, plastic very dodgy, no flickers, some servo that operates some zorst valve u/s , code 3 the list goes on but you get my jist, so they go back to the seller tell them about there lemon who replies o yes there might have been few "niggles" gives them 10 k back says sorry for you. Subsequently after much snot & trane they decide check out the  new consumer act if it can help , a laywer tells them it will be more than 25k in  legal cost so why bother, maybe sell it as a rebuild recover what you can, shitty story you all think  but wait;
she phones me on Monday they are cutting there losses sell for what they can & buy another, she they mails me a pic or another scoot Honda CBR 600 RR 07  for 29k , so i check ot out tell her that is way below market value be wary:: so they continue there dealings with the lady ( apparantly she got it in her divorce settlement recently does not want or need it hence the sale, by the way the bike is up in Messina)  so what do they do :  give them there relative details for transport & put the 28 k in the sellers account, the bike should arrive tonight, last night they get a e.mail from the seller stating they need another 10k for transprt / insurance etc only then then do they smell a rat, so they try follow up & all comms go dead including the next hard earned 28k
Shit I tried to tell them be patient there are decent deals but they managed to find 2 assholes  . sad story any one got any ideas for a recourse I am at a loss now