Road Condition Report ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlomC

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi All,

Have something like this been tried or thought of?

What if we start a sort of Road Condition Report Matrix which can become a sticky where each wilddog can come and report the condition of the roads which they just did on their trip? Then everyone can come and search for the road number/name between towns and see who rode it last and what condition they found the road to be in...? Then there will hopefully be less threads where everyone asks the condition of several roads and if they've recently been travelled...

I've been reading a few ride reports looking for comments and advice where people commented on the road condition so I just thought we can summarize it all in one BIG thread?

Example:

Road: D707 Aus to Betta, Namibia
Forum Member 1 (date): very flat, very sandy, very straight, easy to ride, etc.
Forum Member 2 (date): ...
Forum Member 3 (date): ...
Forum Member 4 (date): ...
Forum Member 5 (date): ...

Road: R332 Baviaanskloof, RSA
Forum Member 1 (date): very wet, very rocky or recently scraped, river crossings impossible due to rain, etc.
Forum Member 2 (date): ...
Forum Member 3 (date): ...
Forum Member 4 (date): ...
Forum Member 5 (date): ...

It can be expanded/changed/adapted as we go along - I'm sure a lot of people would love to contribute...? What do you think? Can be posted here OR in the Ride Report section?