Roadside Assistance Expiry on BMW On Call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unodewaal

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
While in Transkei recently my F800GS got the dreaded EWS error.
It just wouldn't start, and I didn't have the right spares (or spare key) to fix it.

I called BMW On-Call and they sent a driver to come pick me up from East London, then drop me off in Port Elizabeth. I think it was a total round trip of just under 1,000 km. They also put me and our other riding partner (his KTM 640 broke down too - they also picked him up in Butterworth towed him to PE) up in accommodation for the evening.

Nothing cost me a sent - it's truly incredible service. It just so happens that when I got back form the trip I saw an e-mail that said my road-side was expiring in January. I really love the service, and the only way to continue it is if I take insurance through BMW, which is  4 times more expensive than my current insurance.

I'd like to explore some other options for road-side assistance and get recommendations here to see if there are good alternatives. I know about this thread about other people on the forum offering their services, but if I would want to have the peace of mind, then  what are the other options?

And what are their offerings? Some services only offer 40KM's service.