Roundtrip-Botswana and South Western Zambia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyHorse

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
December 2014 is the planned time for an epic journey through Botswana and South Western Zambia. Over 4000km of the worst (best) roads and tracks that is counted as "national roads" will all add to a well remembered adventure!

Basic Route:
Pretoria through Lobatse, up to Mohembo Border Post (namibia), through Katima Mulilo up the North-South traversing Zambesi river, through Senanga to Mongu.
Through the large teak forests of Molobezi, skirting the Kafue National Park and onwards to Livingstone (Victoria Falls) then back into Botswana, travelling through Sowa Pan all the way through Francistown and back to SA- sleeping the last night (hopefully) at Makakeng in the Waterberg area, concluding the journey back in Pretoria.

Estimated duration: 14 days.

Calling Desember (2013) Padslaan Bende to regroup, and all else who would be interested.

Planned departure date: 10 Desember 2014

I have just formulated the basic route so there is still lots of planning to do. I lived in South Western Zambia for a few years so at least I have an idea of what to expect out there... and it is grizzly.. 8)