Rucksack/Backpack Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steen

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi :) Need some advice please. I am looking at rucksacks/backpacks (x2) to buy but need some recommendations from folk that have been through this exercise. My good lady and I are prepping two X-Challenges for long'ish trips into the likes of Namibia, Botswana, etc. Due to the weak sub-frame (for packing purposes) of the X-Challenges we figure we can't carry much more than say 20kg's across the seat back and back end of the bike meaning we will need to carry stuff on our backs. We both have a preference to carry "camelbaks" so are looking for rucksacks/backpacks which distribute weight well, has a capacity of 20-30 litres, and has "built-in" hydropack capability.........

I have looked at / found the following options to date:

1. The BMW Function 3 Rucksack (28L capacity) - can "apparently" strap a hydropack to it but don't like that idea as I would prefer an integrated solution. (approx. R1,850 excl a bladder)
2. The ATG  Multi-Activity Backpack - (30L capacity) - Like the backpack but can't read anything about it having the ability to carry a hydropack. (approx. R 1,100 excl a bladder)
3. Kriega R20 or R25 Motorcycle backpack - now this one I really like!! (KTM CT are apparently the agents but I haven't found a reseller up here in Jhb; I want to touch/feel/smell/taste before I buy :) ) This unit has a built-in area for the water bladder which I really like. (approx R 1,775 - R 2,275 excl a bladder)

Does anyone know of other rucksacks/backpacks I should consider?

Thank you in advance for any advice given :)

Cheers, Steen