Saturday 11 October 2014. NEWBIE Ride around Pretoria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolf

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Morning

A good friend of mine got himself a GS1200 and I am taking him for his first dirt road adventure bike experience. If anyone is interested, you can join, but know that it will be a very relaxed slow ride. The plan is to ride around 60-80km/h on the nice roads and slower on the not so nice roads.

The total distance will be 152km (if all gates are unlocked on the planned route) and the idea is to start at 06h00 at the Engen garage in Hatfield just when you come into Hatfield from the N4. (The Engen garage with the McDonalds). I estimate that we will be in Cullinan around 07h30 and can have a breakfast at Wimpy before doing the second part of the route. I estimate that we will be finished by 10h00.

Route breakdown:
+- 50km tar road
+- 50km dirt highways
+- 45km railway service roads
+- 5km slow twee spoor roads

This will not be a technical route and very suitable to big adventure bikes, but there may be some mud if it rained a lot by next weekend. If you are a very good rider, you will find this boring due to it being a NEWBIE and slow ride.

I think around 8 bikes would be great..

Planned route:

Attachments

• Planned route.jpg
    Planned route.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 264