Sava MC60 tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew-l

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
I recently put a set of the SAVA MC60 tyres on my S10 to replace the OE Metzeler Tourance EXP which are very tar biased. The reviews say it is similar to the TKC80 but with better mileage. Since there isn't much info on these tyres around, I thought I would share my experience with them:

So far I have done around 2500km, of which 650km on dirt. On the tar they have made my bike weave if you take a corner over 130km/h and the whole bike starts to weave over 160km/h. If you start to play a bit, the bike starts to give a headshake - the only solution is to slow down. I increased the pressures to 2.5 Bar front and 3 Bar rear which helped a bit but the problem is still there. They have forced me to ride a lot slower on the road. They are OK in the wet, but you have to be careful.
On the dirt they are great - massive confidence compared with the old tyres and much more grip. I have only tried them on gravel, small rocks, and a small amount of mud - no sand yet! They are even good without deflating with lots of grip, but deflating to around 1.8 Bar makes the ride more comfortable.

As for the wear - I find that if you travel over 140 for very long, you can see the tyre wearing! I will be surprised if the rear lasts to 5000km. :xxbah:

I am going to replace them with Mitas E-07's and see how they fare - hopefully better on the tar (I have to ride tar to get to the dirt - and want to be able to enjoy that too...) without loosing too much off it, along with better wear.