Service and price of South African vendors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi all. Am I the only one that's finding service in South Africa below par, and to top it of very expensive?

I have ordered myself my first road bike and therefore need new kit. I am a big guy and in general find it difficult to get my size.

I was shopping for a helmet and after fitting the Arai, shoei, and AGV I decided on the shoei hornet d/s as it fit the best for me. After phoning around for stock in XXL I found a local Internet shop that sells them for R5999. I Phoned them up and asked if they have stock. I got an answer  of yes sure, just pay then we get it for you.

Paid the money on there invoice, just to get a mail back the next day to let me know that shoei does not make a XXL. I mailed the importers of shoei and got confirmation that they do sell XXL. After forwarding the mail to the Internet shop he refunded me my money. Like what the hell?

So I asked the distributer if I can buy direct from them and the answer was a BIG no. He gave me two other numbers witch I phoned. They said no problem but wanted to charge me R8500.00.

I am like how do justify R3500 more?. Ok we can do R8000.00 that is our best price!!!. So the big shop in edenvale got for R6999.00 but no XXL and not interested in ordering as well.

So onto the Internet, bought one from the states in the color I wanted for wait for it!!! R5612.00 delivered to my doorstep.

Now why should we support local???????