Sethuthuthuthu Weekend, 11 - 13 October 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Meaning " Motorcycle", in the beautiful South Sotho Language.
A Very VERY warm and hearty Invite to Everyone. ALL Welcome!!

Date..........Friday, 11 October to Sunday, 13 October 2024

Venue......Meiringskloof Nature Park, Fouriesburg, situated in the beautiful Eastern Free State. Please see their website : https://www.meiringskloof.co.za/index.htm

Beautiful Resort, just outside Fouriesburg, tucked between mountains, and bordering a deep kloof with lush vegetation, etc etc.
Have a look at the Link above.
LOTS of Gravel, Tar Roads all around.
Very central, you can ride to your heart's content in all directions.
Lesotho border also around the corner.

NO BASH FEES PAYABLE, only your Accommodation that you book yourself WITH A 25% DISCOUNT NEGOTIATED OFF THE ADVERTISED RATES ON THEIR WEBSITE.

We are hosting this as token of DEEP appreciation for the tremendous support that this Forum has shown towards OOSTFIN.

We would very much like to offer Each and Everyone interested in attending the Following:

1) 2 Dinners, the Friday and Saturday Nights.
Thinking of a nice Hamburger braai (with accessories) the Friday, and Fillet Steaks on the Saturday Night.
With some healthy bits to nibble on, something like a varkstertjie or skaapniertjie or Skilpadjie. No not a baby Tortoise, don't worry.😁
As julle almal mooi soet is gaan ons Poeding ook aanbied.😊

2) Plenty Ice, and plenty Wood.

3) We also booked the Lapa and Kitchen for the whole Weekend

4) We MAY be able to book the whole Resort for ourselves ( I'm actually 99% sure of that)...more about this later.

Accommodation : Chalets, or Camping.
See Website for detailed pics on every Unit........................See https://www.meiringskloof.co.za/index.htm for Rates, Facilities, etc.

PLEASE SHOW YOUR "INTEREST" HERE SO LONG
The whole Place has been "locked" for WDF Members up until 31 July 2024.😉
I will update Names in here as we go along, with Name, and then "Interested", and that will change to "Confirmed" as soon as Payment etc is received.

Guys - Reason I'm SO early with this:

Susan has "locked" the Whole Place for us for that Weekend, until 31 July.
She needs around R 22000 of "Income" to then reserve the WHOLE place only for us, exclusively.
So....that's why I seem to be "pushing" here - let's see where we are on 31 July. Apologies for (1) being so early with this and (2) sounding pushy.
I'll even "square up" a "Shortfall" by that time, and Bookings after 01/08/24 can just square up with me again - so that we can try get the whole Katoot.
That's also why I want Everyone who has paid to also state the AMOUNT he paid, so that we can sort of "monitor" how much is paid.

Net so Paar Praktiese Reelings:

1) We'll have Coffee, Sugar, Milk and Tea for the Mornings, and some Ouma. Meaning Ouma Beskuit .:D
2) There is Cutlery, Crockery, Bedding etc etc in the Chalets, Pots and Pans and lepels en goete. Chalet Guys ONLY need to bring Towels.
3) The Resort is not Licenced, but there are 2 or 3 Dop Shops in town......if you REALLY get stuck, NO PROBLEM, Jomar can go buy some Dop for when you maybe arrive late, so you dont have to carry anything on the Bike. We'll sort this later, but its easy.
4) Same goes with meat - some VERY good Slaghuise in Town, and basic groceries or whatever you need - everything is there, 5km away.
5) For Guys who would like to trailer down bikes or especially Offroads - no hassle, we have PLENTY trailer space available in Bethlehem, or at the Venue.
6) For Guys who would like to take Offroads........contact LESOBA, www.lesoba.co.za ............JL Mans apparently organizes offroad trips etc etc, and he knows the area VERY well. There's also another Guy, Steve, just down the road outside Town, with a lekker Bar and Bike Museum - I'll get his number.
He also organizes offroad bike trips, etc etc. Will get his Number later.
Steve is heavy into the Classic Offroad thing, some in here will know him.
7) Anyone with Special Requests, like Vegetarian or Halaal etc etc, please just shout, NO issues here.
8) We'll have a speakertjie there, so that you can indulge with me in my favourite Bles Bridges Songs. A wireless one, so that anyone can connect and do his music thing.

There's no "Fixed" Thing here.
You arrive safely, enjoy, and get Home safely.
LOTS of options on outrides, Gravel or Tar or heavy offroad, whatever floats your boat.
From Fouriesburg you can get to Bethlehem via gravel, Rosendal, Ficksburg, on tar to Clarens and from there gravel or tar to wherever you want to.
Lesotho with Afrsiki/Katse is around the corner, for those who want tar twisties.
Really MANY MANY options for Everyone.
Guys from all Provinces also have MANY choices on what routes to follow, gravel or Tar.

REMEMBER YOUR DISCOUNT..........25% OFF ADVERTISED RATES, ALREADY SO NEGOTIATED!!

Any enquiries
Petri 0 8 3 3 8 4 1 4 7 1
Jomar 0 7 3 2 4 1 1 7 8 4
Meiringskloof 0582230067/0582231035
[email protected]

Susan 0582230067 (or Anyone there for that Matter)
Or [email protected]
Or 0582231035

REMEMBER...........25% DISCOUNT
Just mention "Bike Weekend", they already know !!!

ATTENDEES ......... (Guys I'm putting all who has shown Interest up as - well - "Interested". This will change to "Confirmed" as soon as Booking is made and Paid by Each Attendee.
Still PLENTY time, but PLEASE remind me if I should add OR remove your Name from this "Preliminary List", so that we have space for the Next Guy.)

Please let me know, sommer in here, when you have booked and PAID, and then your name will magically change to RED, and you are then Confirmed. BAIE DANKIE!!!

1) Pulsonic.................PAID
2) Petri en die Sexy Kostannie:love:
3) Jomar
4) KTmmer se Vrou, en hy seker ook maar😆
5) AdvGramps
6) Dawie en Pebbles (2)
7) Vis Arend en Mevrou? (2)
8) Andre Roxenz........PAID
9) Gerard................................PAID

10) Roxstar
11) Ou Bones
12) Nico Bones