Seweweekspoort - some time ago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lihan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Well I think it is about time to post this ride report since it?s about 3 months ago. Thing is I only figured out today how to do the image thing. Can you imagine a rode report without pics?? That is just not on.

Ok so we started out from town Friday afternoon on our way to Bonnivale to spend the night on my sister?s farm. They have lovely guest houses on the farm and from there one can do a day trip in the area.

Saturday morning we departed at about 7 in the morning on our way to Swellendam, Buffeljags en then turn of the N2 towards Suurbraak. Since I don?t have that much experience on dirt and had a pillion I did mostly tar roads on my way to Seweweekspoort.
Just after Suurbraak I turned left to Barrydale over Tradouwpas. Enjoyd the ride a lot more than the previous time when I cycled there.

bikerideseweweekspoort0ma3.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0qk1.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0be6.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0pj7.jpg

We stopped for breakfast in Barrydale at the Country Pumpkin great place and a definite stop for any biker since you get 10% discount and free coffee if you arrive by bike. O yes and also some sherry on arrival.

bikerideseweweekspoort0pw5.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0yi8.jpg

From Barrydale we headed towards Seweweekspoort and passed Ronnie?s Shop

bikerideseweweekspoort0ay8.jpg

Then rescued skillie the skilpad and continued towards the poort

bikerideseweweekspoort0bx5.jpg

The bike and the pillion (Triumph Tiger and Lucy)

bikerideseweweekspoort0ys8.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0wr4.jpg

Was the first time I did dirt on such a size bike and with a pillion. So I deflated the tyres and proceeded with caution. The scenery is absolutely beautiful and the place is $%^&# hot during summer.

bikerideseweweekspoort0on7.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0nq9.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0wy5.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0sm2.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0ol5.jpg

bikerideseweweekspoort0lu1.jpg

After the ride approximately 22 km per direction it was back to the R62 and putting the air back in the tyres.

bikerideseweweekspoort0ml1.jpg

From the Seweweekspoort we headed to Calitzdorp with the plan to go to Van Wyksdorp. Eventually we decided to give Van Wyksdorp a pass till the next ride.

Did I mention that it was #^%^& HOT

bikerideseweweekspoort0rg9.jpg

We continued back from Caltizdorp and turn left off the R62 to go over Garcias Pass to Riversdale. From there we visited some friends at Heidelberg and took some dirt road again to Suurbraak and back to Bonnivale for a lekker farm braai with lekker dop and chop.

In total about 560 km on the Saturday.