Sh!t Eco Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asterix

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Besides for a wet ECO 2013 weekend, basic no riding, as all dirt road become mud baths, a friend of mine, Pieter Brinkman, went down on the way down to the ECO. We where (5 off us) about 30km before Butterworth when a bakkie and taxi hit each other head on(not difficult to figure out who's fault it was), with the impact both cars right front wheels come off, the taxi nearly took me out, i just swerve in time, but Pieter was not so lucky and was taken out by the bakkie's wheel, by the looks of it, he went over the wheel and the wheel wedge in between the bike's fornt wheel and engine causes both forks to broke off. Pieter broke 6 ribs after hiting the barrier post, luckly nothing else is broken and thanks to atgatt no skin was taken off. He is still in the St Dominic's hospital in East London.

Thanks to Donald for stopping at the accident scene and offering help and storrage for the bikes (after the accident his wife did not want to carry on, on her bike) So we was sitting with two bikes accident scene.

If any one, besides Donald(he allready offered to pop in at the hospital) , stays in East London that can pop in now and then to see if this guy needs anything. His whife left yesterday to run the bussiness in JHB and by the looks of it he only going to be discharge by Friday.

Latest posts