Shipping A motorcycle From Cape Town To South America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regis Laconi

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I've done a bit of research and have emailed and spoken to air freight people about shipping two bikes from Cape Town to somewhere in South America. 

Has anyone done this recently? 

I'm still playing with the idea of buying two cheap bikes here and shipping them over to South America.  Spending a few months riding Colombia, Bolivia, Peru and

Argentina. 

Then leaving the bikes there and flying back.  Or buying bikes there, doing the trip, then leave the bike and fly back.  Buying bikes in South America is very expensive and a

big hassle.  I've done some research and it can turn bad.  Plus you don't know what you are buying untill your a 1000 km down the road and the bike brakes down.  I want

to do the trip a cheap as possible.  A good reliable 250 should do the trick.  But I don't want to spend R 60 000 on a CRF 250L to just leave it there when I come home.

Any info or advise will be much appreciated.  About freight, bikes or how you would do it.