Short arms and footpeg position

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enduro

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
I have a problem with my CRF230 and now my XT660R in that my arms are rather short and because of that and the other problem of being vertically challenged that I need to sit forward on the seat as close to the tank as possible. That means when I put my feet down my legs hook on the footpegs - in some cases my boot buckles catch the footpegs and it can be rather detrimental to staying upright. :-( how can I fix this ? More angled(curved ) handlebars ? I don't think it is possible to adjust the pegs positions easily. Maybe cut seat down a bit so I can scoot further back but this means riding with straightened arms or leaning forward from the waist to have loose arms when sitting down? Any suggestions ?BTW both bikes have been lowered and I am really in love with the new XT which I only got over the weekend- feel very confident on it already but the situation with the pegs etc will make stopping easier - especially on uneven terrain!